• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: How to fix "Unknown BIB Error" in After Effects

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When do I get the "Unknown BIB Error" error in After Effects?

A bad font or corrupted font cache could cause this error to appear in the following situations:

• While previewing.
  • When opening a project.
  • In some cases, you might see this error at launch.

unknown bib error.png

Solution:

Our community recommends the following solutions:

Reload Illustrator files - Right-click the Illustrator files in the Project panel and select Reload Footage

Remove newly installed and duplicate fonts. Instructions are below - 

Clear the font cache. Instructions are below -

Clear After Effects preferences -  https://adobe.ly/3t5x7Hd 

TOPICS
FAQ , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Media Codecs to you have? We use .mxf long gop. I assume some troubles from this side or maybe the blackmagic Decklink card we are using for video playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm facing with this error for the first time. I'm working with expression drivem offset path on shape layers. I have to switch them off and it's working. But I need to find another way to visualize what I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all these, and I am still having the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were corrupt AI files but even after reloading them the error kept happening. I copied and pasted my elements into a new  AI file an resaved under a different name and tried again and nothing worked. I cleared the cache, unsyced my fonts, resynced, updated my driver, changed AI preview to CPU and off, updated AE and AI, nothing.

If this is happening to you even after doing all of this, do your AI files have links to PSD elements? Remove those elements and try again. I deleted all those layers that were just linked assets and the error stopped. This project got collected and passed around 5+ times, so Im sure along the way those assets got corrupted, but the vector parts themselves were fine, obviously. I just had to manually replace the missing AI layers that were originally the PSD link, and manually replace them in AE with the ACTUALY photoshop file, and not just the AI layered version that comes in when you import as a composition/retian layer sizes.

Took 2 days but it was the PSD links in AI the whole time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the possible causes of this error is that you have imported some Illustrator files in your project, and After Effects is having trouble reading them. This happened to me as well when my files were corrupted and were having have complex vector shapes that i used for my client project [1]. Illustrator files are vector graphics, which means they are made of mathematical curves and points, rather than pixels. After Effects can import Illustrator files and convert them into shape layers, which are also vector graphics.

• Step 1: Open After Effects, find the Illustrator files (.ai) in the Project panel or via Window > Project.
  • Step 2: Right-click an Illustrator file, select “Reload Footage” to fix errors, or select multiple files for a batch reload.
  • Step 3: Open the error-causing Illustrator file in Adobe Illustrator via “Reveal in Explorer” (Windows) or “Reveal in Finder” (Mac).
  • Step 4: In Illustrator, copy all elements (Ctrl+A, then Ctrl+C) and paste them into a new file (Ctrl+V), save as a new name.
  • Step 5: Import the new Illustrator file into After Effects as a composition with “Composition - Retain Layer Sizes.”
  • Step 6: The imported file appears as a .aep composition in the Project panel.
  • Step 7: Adjust layer properties and add effects in the Timeline panel; preview with spacebar or 0 on the numeric keypad.
  • Step 8: Replace the original file with the new file in your project by dragging it while holding Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac).
  • Step 9: Save your project (Ctrl+S or Command+S) or save a new version via File > Save As with a different name.

Thanks and Hope it helps too.

N

Martini - Head Of Application Software Dept - Northern Touch Toronto, GTA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Martini, this really helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines