• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font not working when rendering from AE

Participant ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a font called Helvetica Inserat, and it works find in After Effects while working but when I render it gets all garbled.
What is happening and how can I fix it?

How it should be:

works fine.JPG

How it renders:

works bad.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Re-imaging my computer seems to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to know without actual system info, render settings etc.. From the looks of it that feels liek an unwanted substitution becaused your system language is not teh same as AE's and rendering through AME mesees therefore up character mapping.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look like this font  have some issue with AE, so if you'r able to change the font just do it and this will fix your problem,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Im at my work and it is only and it is only my computer doing this, everyone elses works fine. So it is something in my machine that is doing this. The client wants this font so changing that is not ant option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so if it's only on your machine that mean may your font is conflict with other one, so as Mylenium say you must provide more information about your system, also try to remove this font than installed again and restart you system also try stop other Helvetica font and test this, really i don't this their are a magic button can fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of that. Reinstalling and restarting. We have plenty of other Helvitica fonts that work just fine, its just this one and its only acting up on my machine.  Ive found previous forum post with similar issues but they were from many years ago. and there was no solution. Im on a Windows 7 PC with i7 CPU, 32 GB of RAM, its the same specs as everyone else in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this video may it can help,

Note: do it in your own responsibility, it's not an official solution from adobe.

Fix Corrupted Unreadable Fonts On Windows 7, 8/8.1, 10 & Restore The Default Windows Fonts - YouTube

in video they remove the font hive for all all fonts, so try to remove the font hive for the corrupted font only 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ive actually done this already, it didnt change any thing. I think that is because it is not really a windows specific issue. The problems is that, the font isnt corrupt, it works fine in the After effects project, and every other program adobe and otherwise. It is only a problem when rendering form AE. So something is wrong the Adobe rendering mechanisms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to render using adobe media encoder ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. We use AME  by default because adobe removed the codes we need from AE. I even did a test straight out of AE itself and it has the same issue, although when coming straight out of AE it is hit an miss, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. From AME however, ii is broken every single time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using the latest version of AME 12.1.2 and Ae is version 15.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THat doesn't change anything either. I actually have tdo that all the time because of another issue with AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Re-imaging my computer seems to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines