Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame selection

Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to know if there is any way I can keep my playhead between two frames. I mean between frames 15 and 16,  I want to place  my playhead in 15.5,  and want to animate there. I tried placing decimal 15.5 in the time display box, but didn't work.

Thank you.

frame.gif

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

The CTI (current time indicator) in an NLE, 3D app or compositing app like AE is always at the start of a frame. Time is measured in Frames, and the frame is the smallest unit of time. 

Set the comp rate to 60 and set a keyframe at 0:00:03:07, zoom all the way in on the timeline, and the keyframe will be at 3:07. Change the Frame Rate to 30, and the CTI will move to 3:04, but the keyframe will be in between 3:03 and 3:04.  The change will happen at 3:03 and not 3:03.5 because the smallest incr

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not really possible. If you want such trickery, you have to double the frame-rate to 60 FPS, then put that comp back into a 30 FPS comp for rendering. Doesn't really do, much, though. Unless you use very heavy motion blur the inbetween step will simply disappear again.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The CTI (current time indicator) in an NLE, 3D app or compositing app like AE is always at the start of a frame. Time is measured in Frames, and the frame is the smallest unit of time. 

Set the comp rate to 60 and set a keyframe at 0:00:03:07, zoom all the way in on the timeline, and the keyframe will be at 3:07. Change the Frame Rate to 30, and the CTI will move to 3:04, but the keyframe will be in between 3:03 and 3:04.  The change will happen at 3:03 and not 3:03.5 because the smallest increment of time is the frame. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 7.27.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 7.27.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines