• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frames of PNG-sequences getting mixed up on the timeline and final render

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this very crazy problem that when I place several PNG-sequences on the timeline, after working on the project for a while, some frames from a PNG-sequence appear on other places in the timeline in another PNG-sequence. This can also be seen in the final render with Adobe Media Encoder. The only thing that helps, to remove these wrong frames, is to use 'replace footage' and import the PNG-sequence again. I work with AE2020 on a PC. Someone an idea where this problem comes from and how I can prevent it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to prevent it, but purge the frame cache should solve this - at least for a while.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that the next time it happens, thnx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also find it handy to trash your preferences in situations like that, too.  But first -- while everything is running properly -- SAVE your AE preferences in a separate file.  You can do that, and when you have to trash them you can open the saved preference file.  Boom!  You're back in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Check File Names: Ensure each frame in the PNG sequence is named sequentially (e.g., frame_001.png, frame_002.png) to maintain proper order.

2. Timeline Organization: Confirm that the frames are imported in the correct order on the timeline. Re-import the sequence if necessary.

3. Frame Rate Match: Match the frame rate of the PNG sequence with your project's timeline settings.

4. Check Software Settings: Verify that your editing or compositing software is set to handle PNG sequences correctly.

5. Clean Cache: Clear the software's cache to resolve any potential conflicts affecting the sequence.

6. Render Settings: Confirm your render settings align with the project timeline and PNG sequence.

7. Preview Before Rendering: Always preview the sequence before final rendering to check for any issues.

8. Export with Care: Use appropriate export settings to maintain the quality and sequence order.

9. Double-Check Output: After rendering, review the output file to ensure the sequence is consistent.

10. FIver Gig Optimization: Use relevant keywords in your gig title and description to attract clients looking for animation or video editing services.

11. Offer Unique Services: Consider adding value by offering additional services such as color grading or sound design.

12. Gather Reviews: Provide excellent service to gather positive reviews and improve your Fiverr gig's ranking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines