• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GLB files do not work properly in AE

Contributor ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.glb files often appear completely white in AE after previously having worked.  Opened a project today and the .glb 3d object that was fine yesterday now has no material. The same file DOES have a material in other apps, so it's AE failing.  I've had this problem before and restarting would fix it, but that's not helping now.  Me and my colleague are both having the same problem, with Windows and mac.

AE version 24.4

Seriously can you just roll out features when they actually work? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Hi @Sterphy

That sounds super frustrating and weird. It worked one day and not the next on re-open? 

Did y'all try clearing the 3D cache? Any of the other caches? 

Can you share a screen recording and the project so we can debug the issue and hopefully get things resolved? 

Thanks, 
Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sterphy

That sounds super frustrating and weird. It worked one day and not the next on re-open? 

Did y'all try clearing the 3D cache? Any of the other caches? 

Can you share a screen recording and the project so we can debug the issue and hopefully get things resolved? 

Thanks, 
Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had problems with glb file lately as well 14607710 . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of that, but to be honest there's so many basic performance issues with the latest several versions of AE I can't even be bothered to try to fix it any more. I'm done with the constant troubleshooting. Thanks though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sterphy

I can't help without more info. But, I'll update this thread if I get any reports  or updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @markoconnell,  

Your linked post says you are attempting to use them in release 24.3. 

Animations on 3D Models are currently only available in Beta. They were released in 24.4 and we've continued developing them through 24.5 Beta.

To note... we support skeletal animations but our engine does not yet support morph target animation. 

You can download AE Beta from the Creative Cloud Desktop App and you can have both the release and Beta installs at the same time 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sterphy

I know you said you didn't want to troubleshoot anymore, but I got a hint from one of our developers who said you may be hitting the ceiling on your VRAM. 

"The kinds of things that I would expect to improve that would be things like closing other GPU using apps (web browsers with a lot of tabs can be an expected culprit here. Basically,  I would close other apps, relaunch AE,  purge disk cache and 3D cache." 

Cheers,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines