Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Earth Studio project shifts null objects

Participant ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm trying to use a Google Earth Studio (GES for time sake) project in AE. The GES prject consists of only 2 key frames, one at the beginning and one at around 12 seconds. I added track points in GES and labeled them which converted them to Null objects and connected text titles in AE. So far, so good.

As you can see in th video, the titles seem to shift during the camera movement, only to go back to their initial starting point. I exported the GES project with both, global and local coordinate space but had the same outcome with each.

Any idea what went wrong?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you hope to achieve here with just two reference points/ keyframes and no actual baked 3D camera info/ 3D tracking as it seems. After all, it's a sphere, not a flat linear map. That and of course there could be any number of issues with Google Earth dynamically loading its map tiles, changing positioning slightly. Basically this is an "either...or..." situation. Either you really export all relevant data from GE or create everything from scratch in AE. there are no inbetweens here due to the logistics involved and how GE works. You simply have to put in more work and decide on a consistent workflow.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your response.

Google Earth Studio exports 3D tracking data for import into After Effects. The track points exported form GE have longitude, latitude and altitude data. GE also exports a 3D camera with that same data baked in as well.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 6.32.22 AM.png

And it works quite well at the beginning, then the track point shifts and eventually goes back to its intended place.

"Either you really export all relevant data from GE or create everything from scratch in AE."

Do you know any other settings that lets me "really" export all relevant data from Google Earth Studio?

As you can probably tell, I'm new to the Google Earth Studio/After Effects approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your imported JPG footage FPS rate. Got the same problem - all the movements were odd... RMB on JPG sequence -> Interpret Footage -> [same fps as your project and also same with Google Earth Studio project].

Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also if it doesnt help - try to re-export only your *.jsx with tracking data (Google Earth Studio, main menu - File -> Export -> 3D tracking data -> After Effects .jsx.

Somehow it helps))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having the same issue were all the movements were very odd, this fixed it for me, exported from earth studio at 60fps and AE was set to 30. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to be "That guy" - but please check the Terms and Conditions for using Google Earth Studio - you must keep their attrribution on screen at all times.  I've seen quite a few uses recently where people are obscuring it / cropping it out.  Google probably aren't going to go after anyone legally, but I wouldn't be shocked if YouTube and the like introduce automatic detection to generate copyright claims.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this solved it for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this.

I was also having this issue and it turned out Google Earth Studio was exporting at 30fps but AE was interpreting it as 25fps which meant the movement was off. Your helpful suggestion solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines