Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grid and guides

Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working in After effects 2020 version. I am still a learner.

So I was learning from a tutorial where the tutor used grid, following him I activated my grid also. But he has totally different set up. I have tried everything in preference-grid and guides. Changed values of subdivisions, increments etc. But no way I could achieve his grids and guides.

So the composition W & H is 1080 pixel and its frame rate is 30 and it’s a 6 seconds long animation.

Picture 1- the tutorial am following, I want my grid to look like this

Picture 2- is what grid looks like

Picture 3- is what my current setting

Thank you.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, 1080 pixels width divided into 16 aquares does not give a result of 100 pixels in the first place. You need to do the math. the rest is just dialling down or up the subdivisions of the auxiliary grids so they align with whatever pixel values you have.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're saying you don't want any subdivisions, just the broader grid lines.  In the preferences, set Subdivisions to 1.

But if I'm wrong, AE can do the mathematics for you.  In the Gridline every setting, just type: 1080/4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Yes you are right. I figured it out eventually. Each subdivision is 270 pixel away. so sostal is 4. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines