• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hard edge on glow

Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I screen recorded my issue here: probably the clearest way to see the problem: https://vimeo.com/928095854/7cf75b44e7?share=copy 

With words: I am simply dropping the stock Dissolve - vapor effect on some PNG's. I've done it many times in other projects with no issues. This time, the glow it creates is HUGE and I can't rid of a weird hard edge on that occurs on the edge of the PNG. I have already tried enlarging both the PNG and the comp quite a lot. There is room in the comp for the glow to keep extending past the edge of the PNG, not sure why it won't.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simply looks like you underestimate how even 0.01 % opacities can add up and produce visible artifacts and the way that particular preset creates the faux glow doesn't help due to CC Composite's limitations. Or in other words: You are using the effect in a way it probably was never meant to be used. Most of those presets are just quick&dirty text treatments. It would probably be the best to build the glows in a "clean" manner underneath the actual footage and then you can play around with blending modes , tint the contours and blur them or whatever.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines