• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can One layer react to another - Sequencing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,  How Can I program one layer to sequence itself right after another? Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 02.45.41.png

I'd love to achieve the effect that the bottom layer would be right after the top one automatically, so whenever there's a different duration on the top one the bottom responds to it... Is there any script for it? I guess parenting those two won't help...

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Expressions , How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do this interactively and that is that. You have to use scripts to do such things. Check AEScripts.com and pick one of the layer management script utilities that is to your taste.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Templater for After Effects does this with a suite of techniques that are called Time Sculpting.  See this documentation and visit the related links:

https://support.dataclay.com/templater/content/concepts/time/time_sculpting.htm

The specific method you are looking for would involve layer shifting and time cropping.  You can see the methods in these videos:

Layer Shifting: https://youtu.be/BXTbUoH7mJs

Time Cropping: https://youtu.be/isoToq9XrCU

You can download the extension here, which has a 30 day free trial:

https://dataclay.com/templater

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I tried it out and works like a charm, wish I knew more about this template as it feels powerful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it helped!  Yes, Templater is very powerful when it comes to re-versioning your compositions — it's a feature rich extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing built in and if you have the cash, Mylenium's suggestion makes sense, but I've got so used to the shortcut keys:

• o takes me to a layer's end
  • select next layer then [ to bring its inpoint to the current time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this solution 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines