• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change my shape layer to a transparent/no fill and solid stroke.

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see, i already have a solid stroke, i just want to change the fill to a transparent oneScreen Shot 2020-04-04 at 5.23.10 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the shape layer selected, click on the word 'Fill' - not the colour swatch itself.

A dialog will open with the various fill options - including one for 'None' - an icon with a diagonal red line through it.

Alternatively, you can twirl open the shape layer in the timeline, twirl open: Contents > 'shape' > and in there you'll find the 'Fill'. This can simply be deleted, or if you are uncertain about deleting it: look to the right of that line you'll find a visibility eyeball which can be clicked on to switch the fill visibility off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to spend some time with the User Guide. You'll find several tutorials that use shape layers. You can also use AE's Search Help field in the top right corner of the app. Just type Shape layers and study up. Just poking around in the UI is almost always a big waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines