• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create MOGRTs where the time between the intro and outro animations can be extended?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a set of sport based broadcast assets in After Effects that animate in and animate out. I am looking to create some mogrts of these for other members in the team to use in Premier Pro. These include fixture listings and tables which can vary quite dramatically in the amount of content which means they need to vary in length. 

I am looking to create MOGRT's where they can change the length of the assets and the outro animation moves to the end. i.e. If the MOGRT is 7secs and the outro animation happens at 6-7secs when this is extended to be 20secs the outro animation moves to happen at 19-20secs. I tried to use protected regions and though you can extend the length of the mogrt and the animations are preserved, the animated outro doesn't move to the end. In essence I want the time between the animations to be variable.

Happy to share content and more information, all my apps are up to date, any help is appricated.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just not possible simply because AE has no way of doing any such witchcraft, which it ultimately boils down to: Essential Graphics/ MOGRT can't do anything that the underlying AE engine can't. Therefore your only option is to design the templates with enough headroom and sufficient durations and then let users cut and trim them like any other clip, which is perfectly possible.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hopnig that wasn't the case anda more intergrated solution was possible but I had your suggeston of triming in my head as a plan B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you've described sounds like Responsive Time (using protected regions) should work with very well, at least that's the motivation for its development. Perhaps you should revisit this again.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roland,

That's what I thought this function would enable but when I used Responsive Time it allowed me to expand the length of the mogrt and protected the regions I set (intro/outro) but it wouldn't move the outro to the end of wherever I moved it to, it stayed in the same place. i.e. origial lower tihrd 7secs animation out at 6-7sec when dragged to 10 secs the animation would still happen at 6-7 in stead of 9-10. If you have successfully used such a feature then please walk me through it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Protected Regions have to be created in the comp that's the Primary Comp in the EGP - IOW, the comp that is exported as a MoGRT. If you are certain both In/Out Protected Regions (PR) are created in the Primary Comp, then perhaps remove the 'Out' (the problematic region) and repeat the process with a fresh PR - occasionally, they don't work as expected, so a fresh re-try is always the option to take. 
HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines