• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a fly in flipping text animation?

Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I want my text to fly in from the "front" and in the middle of the comp and land there but while it's "flying" in I wanting it flipping over and over. I'm not sure how to do that. Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Create your text and set it in the style you want, and centered in your comp.

Use the Anchor Point tool to drag the anchor point up so it is in the vertical middle of the text , not at the bottom. Return to the selection tool.

Click the 'cube' layer switch to put it in 3D.

Put your playhead at the time you want the animation to end (let's say 2 seconds).

Reveal Position and rotation (X Rotation) in the timeline. Click those stopwatches to set your keyframes at 2 seconds. Apply Easy ease.

Move the pla

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create your text and set it in the style you want, and centered in your comp.

Use the Anchor Point tool to drag the anchor point up so it is in the vertical middle of the text , not at the bottom. Return to the selection tool.

Click the 'cube' layer switch to put it in 3D.

Put your playhead at the time you want the animation to end (let's say 2 seconds).

Reveal Position and rotation (X Rotation) in the timeline. Click those stopwatches to set your keyframes at 2 seconds. Apply Easy ease.

Move the playhead to 0 seconds.

Set Position's Z value (the third value - they're in the order X, Y, Z) )so the text is behind the camera. This will probably be about   -1,400.

Set X Rotation to 2 complete revolutions.

Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information but I forgot to mention in the original post that the text is really an image. I'm not sure that matters but when I applied all your steps the image doesn't flip at all. Even when I use a higher number it just "fly's" into the comp straight up. No flipping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after I closed the project and re-opened it the flip works fine. I have no idea why it did that but thank you very much for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it's now working for you.

It sounds you're new to After Effects so I'd strongly suggest you start here with some basic tutorials.

Adobe After Effects Learn & Support

AE is a complex bit of software and one where you really need to understand the fundamentals. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines