• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I orientate an object using the blue 3d arrow

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was watching a tutorial about a guy who orientated an image in 3D in AE. He used one of the X Y Z arrows [the blue one z] and flipped the image flat. Did he use any special keys to do this? Because everytime I click on the blue arrow after selecting the rotation tool, only the image flips. The x y z arrows dont rotate. How do I use the arrow to flip orientate an image or object?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to place the rotation tool exactly on the axis until you see the letter of that axis in order to rotate it. you can also use the timeline orientation/rotation parameters. 

001.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's likely you saw someone using the Rotation tool - it's the little roundy arrow, 4th from the left in the toolbar. You can also call it up by pressing ("Wotate!").
Using that on a 3d object gives you the ability to free rotate it around all axes, or you can constrain that to a single dimension by clicking-dragging on that axis. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines