• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I paste the tracking data of a Shape onto a Mask so that they follow the same path at the same rate?

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, I have made a shape that moves diagonally-ish and scales larger, and I have masked out something I want to follow the exact same path and scale at the exact same rate. Obviously, if they were both Shapes, or both Masks, I could easily do this, but when I paste the Shape information onto the Mask, it gets all wonky. I'm wondering if it's because the Shape has Shape data, Translation X, Translation Y, Scale, Rotation, Shear X, Shear Y, Perspective X, Perspective Y, and the Mask just condenses it all into one little Mask Path.

How do I get my mask to follow the exact same motion path and scale at the exact same rate as my shape?

It seems like this should be extremely simple, and perhaps I'm just overlooking something...but please help me!

To be clear, I have not made a shape that I want to turn into a path (this is the only tutorial I got when Googling this), I want the motion of a Shape to a to be applied to the motion ​of a Mask.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get my mask to follow the exact same motion path and scale at the exact same rate as my shape? I want the motion of a Shape to a to be applied to the motion of a Mask.

show us a few screenshots so we can better tell how to assist you. there could be number of ways to approach this and without knowing more about what you got, we could just name the obvious techniques such as parenting, expressions, or using merge path operator to subtract a part from your shape without even using masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sue_Zan,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines