• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I render out my comp in Front View?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've spent the last day trying to figure out how to render my project out using front view. I've looked everywhere and still can't find an answer! Some have said I need to set a camera layer but how do I set it to match the same settings that are in the front view viewer option? Others have said that 3d only renders in the "active camera" view but I know their has to be a way around that! Active view throws off my whole project but front view sets everything perfectly. And no matter how many times I render out with my view set to "front" it always comes out in active camera. The picture that comes with the border on the edge is what I get in active view and the picture with everything in frame is the front view. PLEASE HELP!!Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 11.18.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-23 at 11.19.10 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Create a camera with film size 8 mm and focal length 2000 mm.

ANIMATED-FRONT-VIEW-RENDER.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the Active Camera will render. All of the other views are isometric(edit). You can get close to the front view by creating a new custom camera that has an extremely long focal length and accepting the default position provided you did not use the Camera tools to adjust the front view., but you cannot get a true isometric view. All other views are for layout purposes only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short - Rick is right - there is no native isometric view in AE. So to achieve results close to isometric you have to do what he said... or you can also checko out this script: https://aescripts.com/isomatic-fx/  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what happens if you enter 6000 in the focal length and create a camera with a very long lens.

Front View:

Screenshot_2019-07-23 13.30.31_8WeuB9.png

Active Camera:

Screenshot_2019-07-23 13.31.05_HJPtpM.png

6000 mm lens:

Screenshot_2019-07-23 13.31.47_QjLVFX.png

New Active camera almost identical to front view:

Screenshot_2019-07-23 13.32.04_8LfB64.png

If 6000 mm isn't long enough for your design, try 10,000. I don't remember the limit. The farther your elements are away from each other the longer lens you will need to simulate isometric (no vanishing point) views. When your camera has a lens this long it is nearly impossible to animate camera position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a camera with film size 8 mm and focal length 2000 mm.

ANIMATED-FRONT-VIEW-RENDER.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me ! Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man! You are a genius!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, thanks a ton mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! Thank you so much. You are a god-send. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been trying to work this out for hours! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines