• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How is After Effects still so horrible???

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really starting to get old dealing with Adobe and their buggy products. My workflow is constantly getting screwed up by some stupid flaw in the software. Used to be having the top end Mac that's less than a year old would mean something.

It's just one thing after another and it doesn't end with every update. What are we paying for? What are their developers doing to the software? This isn't how it used to be when you paid once and you got a version. Now it's like we're getting punished for having a monthly subscription.

As I work on a tight deadline today, The new issue is you can't get the dropdowns to work. You can click on them. They'll flash for a sec and then they'll disappear. I'm on my third restart and it keeps happening and I'm about a half hour behind because of this. This is almost as fun as yesterday when the timeline would start but not stop until I forced quit. It just kept playing the timeline over and over on loop.

At what point designers do we say enough of this crap? These people are screwing us with these monthly charges that never end and this is what we get in return! Meanwhile, I see articles adobe's working on the metaverse. How about first you use some of that pile of money to fix your course software that is the main pillar of your business!

The editors I work with are equally as afraid of updating premiere or even using a version that's newer than three versions ago. Is this how it's supposed to be from the just design software company in the world? 

I'm so sick of this. I'm ready to get a studio Mac and I doubt that'll make any difference. In fact, two or three years later, they still don't even have a version of after effects for the m1 chip. How much longer we going to be waiting on that? And how bad will it be when it gets here.

Thanks for listening to me vent. I'm so over this company.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post that here where the Adobe engineers read the threads:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always keep the previous stable version on your device so in case anything happens you can use the old version, and the betta version is supporting now the M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I do. And some of these issues go back at least 2-3 versions. I often have to toggle between versions depending on which issue I'm having. Is this how it's supposed to be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines