• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to animate this text????

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Please please please help. I've created this text (originally in photoshop but now in AE.) I've added a text layer to AE then added the effects but as soon as I convert it to the 3d layer, all of my effects are gone. I want to take this text (with the effects included), make it 3d and make it do one single rotation so that I can save it as a gif and upload it to my website. I tried to achieve this using photoshop's timeline in the 3d space however it would not render properly upon downloading. Once I tried it in AE all of my effects (gradient overlay, outerglow) are disappearing. If this is possible in photoshop or after effects or any other adobe platform please help! If this just isnt possible please let me know so I can find another software to achieve this goal. Thanks!

UT_homepage.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's perfectly possible, but you have to approach it completely differently. Of course your layer styles will disappear/ look different if you just turn on 3D. It's inherent in how this works. Layer styles are always applied as the last step even after all transform operations. You may want to start by reading the AE online help on such basics. Other than that the simple answer is to pre-compose the text and enable 3D only in the parent comp without collapsed transformations or any such stuff and animate the resulting layer. If something else is required, you may need to re-create your look using AE's conventional effects, not layer styles and of course possibly more pre-composing right down to separating each layer in its own composition.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on how you want it to look, it could be as simple as precomposing it, turning the precomp 3d and then animating the precomp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines