• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply LUT correctly in linear workspcace?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to match the workflow between nuke and After Effects .So both are in now linear workspace, everything is just fine but, applying LUT does not seem to work correctly in AE. In nuke user can set "in" and "out" colorspace,so output image after aplying LUT looks correct.But in AE that doesn't seem possible. 

How can we apply LUT correctly in linear colorspace.

Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Thanks for the response.

Actually i have to work in linear color space.Applying LUT in non-linear workspacelooks fine but not in linear workspace(either using "Lumetric color" or "Apply LUT" effect).

What i want to do simply is ,output image after applying LUT effect  in linear workspcae to look same as in non linear workspace. 

aeProjctSetting.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You check File > Project Settings. You also control LUT by Lumetri Color Input LUT.

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 14.37.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

Actually i have to work in linear color space.Applying LUT in non-linear workspacelooks fine but not in linear workspace(either using "Lumetric color" or "Apply LUT" effect).

What i want to do simply is ,output image after applying LUT effect  in linear workspcae to look same as in non linear workspace. 

aeProjctSetting.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i have got my solution.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your solution? having the same problem ... i am wondering why this issue doesn't pop up more often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share your solution please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep! Could be cool to share your solution @Mazb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A LUT itself is not linear or non-linear, it's just a transformation. But a LUT is made with input and output color spaces in mind, so you'll have to get your pixels into that space manually.

For example, a .cube file is usually not intended to be applied in linear space. If your .cube was intended for log space, you have to convert from linear to log before applying the LUT, perhaps using the Cineon Converter, Color Profile Converter, OpenColorIO plug-in, or some other method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines