Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change low resolution into high resolution

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have made animation using illustrator file in after effects in low resolution

Now, how to change illustrator file with high resolution without losing animation and size ? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've rendered the animation there's nothing you can do.  You need to go back into after effects and resize everything.

How complicated that will be is impossible to say. It depends on the specifics of your project and your expertise with AE.

In the future you should create with the resolution you wish to render in in mind.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try going to File->Scripts->Scale Composition in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have the Composition in the After Effects project, activate the Continuous Rasterization in the Layers, create a new larger Composition and put the Composition of your animation in that new one, scale it to fit the size of the new Composition that is Larger, it activates the Continuous Rasterization again in the Layer of your nested Composition and you only have to render.

Captura de pantalla 2018-08-19 a la(s) 1.30.15 p. m..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats exactly what i was looking for.

thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Byron, thank you for this. I think it did what I wanted. Can you tell me based on the following if I now have a true UHD project? I made an HD Comp. I put a UHD file in it. Then created a new composition that was UHD. Dragged the HD comp in and changed the Transform Scale to 200%.  Done? It does appear to be less jaggy viewed at 100 compared to the HD at 200. 

When I tried to change every layer to Continuous Rasterization some things stayed small. Like text layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ramr68990888,

What did you end up doing? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still hold with same issue..... unable fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines