• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Change speed

Explorer ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I made a 12fps loop animation and I want to play it fast.

Firsly,I imported it as 12fps and time-streched it below 100ï¼… to speed it up, but if I do that I lose some frames of 12 frames.

So, I imported the animation as 24fps and and time-stretched it as 200ï¼….

This makes the animation play  like 12 fps animation,which is originally intended speed.

And if I need to speed up, I time-stretched it like 180ï¼…,160ï¼…,140ï¼…. I can change speed naturally and don't lose any frames.

I don't know the best way to speed up movie, so if you know better way, please tell me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rodan_Shiner,

Thanks for reaching out. When we use time-stretching on a layer the resultant frame rate becomes different from the original frame rate and the quality of motion within the layer also gets affected.

I would recommend you to check out this article: After Effects Help | Time-stretching and time-remapping

I am sure it will help. Let us know.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm not sure by your post where you are generating the animation. But if you plan on possibly slowing it down, you should render at a higher frame rate like 24. This way there are extra fames when you slow down a clip on the timeline.

If you render something at 12fps, any slower than 100% means that frames have to be invented by PrP.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I made a 12fps loop animation and I want to play it fast.

import as normal, right click on the layer and choose Time->Time stretch and go below 100%. you can also do that dynamically by changing the time stretch column in your Ae Timeline (to reveal it, right clicking on the timeline header and choosing Columns->stretch). as of CC2019 you can also shift and drag the handles while holding the Alt key to time stretch the handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your advice everyone. I will try what you guys told me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines