• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable auto pop-up after effects, when I open any project.

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community!

I encounter an unpleasant thing when I open any project in Adobe affects, the window with After Effects pop up on my screen, I usually switch to another window (manage something else) until the porject is loading, but After Effects pop-up uncalled and this is unpleasant, how do i disable this pop-up ? 

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also find this pop-up in front of everything that After Effects does very unpleasant and annoying, usually there are actions that take quite some time and are a perfect moment to do another task but After Effects just pops up and breaks the focus on whatever you are doing, if you are double hands writing, you have to get a hand on the mouse, click minimize and then go on. I have been searching for a fix on this but still no luck, I'm with you Silviud, thanks for posting this up! If anybody knows how to disable the pop-up please drop a line here 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about the Home Screen, the screen that says "Welcome to After Effects, Your Name" you can disable it in preferences (settings on newer macs).

PRefrences (or Settings) > Startup and Repair > Click off "Enable Home Screen"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mate, nope it's not about the home screen, this happens whenever you are using After Effects and it finishes any task like saving, opening a project, finishing rendering, autosaving, if you for instance, hit save and then it take let's say 15 seconds to save, then you go to do something else (like google for a texture or anything) and not stare at the saving progress bar, when After Effects (on the background) finishes saving it pops in front of your web browser or anything you have in front and just gets in the middle without being called. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But now that you mention Mac, I don't know if this just happens on Windows (I'm on Windows) maybe it doesn't happen on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines