• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to duplicate a composition in after effects and make it independent from the original

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im trying to duplicate a composition in after effects and make it independent from the original but it seems to be imposible.. im working on CS5.

Can somebody help me PLEASE??

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

As Andrew said, select a comp in the Project Panel, not in the timeline, and press Ctrl/Cmnd + D. You'll get a new comp with a number or copy added to the name. This comp is completely independent of the original one but it contains all of the same footage.

If the comp you duplicated contains other comps nested in the timeline then these nested comps must also be duplicated and their duplicates used to replace the original nested compositions in the duplicate comp. The script referred to makes t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ciara Tobin Tried that. Didn't work. I'll give the script mentioned above a shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - duplicating the composition in the project panel does not help if you have a composition with too many adjustments - cuts, keyframes, effects etc., that you have to add to the new composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines