• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit empty text layer?

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an empty text layer that gets named <empty text layer> by default, is there a way to edit it? 

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

I've posted the question since when needed I didn't find anything about it on the internet, luckly I have figured it out by myself and I'm feeling to post my solution (there may be other and maybe better ones), hope it will help anyone in the future.

SOLUTION
With Type tool selected (CTRL+T on Windows), select your <empty text layer> from the timeline, you should see its ancor point in the Preview window, now just just right click on it and select Edit Text... and here you got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted the question since when needed I didn't find anything about it on the internet, luckly I have figured it out by myself and I'm feeling to post my solution (there may be other and maybe better ones), hope it will help anyone in the future.

SOLUTION
With Type tool selected (CTRL+T on Windows), select your <empty text layer> from the timeline, you should see its ancor point in the Preview window, now just just right click on it and select Edit Text... and here you got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double-click an empty text layer, the type tool will become active, and you can start typing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This completely works and one of those many many hidden things about AE that when you think about it, should be so simple to complete and brings into question your entire 30 year carrer editing videos over such a small thing that should be so obvious. Thanks for keeping my sanity in check!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines