• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to edit the background in a .mogrt [AE]

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I downloaded a template from Envato elements and I need to remove the background from each scene. How do I do that?

title edited by Mod

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Thanks everyone. I figured it out. I was able to adjust the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to know without a link to the actual template. In any case, I'm sure it comes with instructions, so maybe double-check those first.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most efficient technique for removing a background depends entirely on the scene. There are about 200 different ways to do that. Show us the scene and tell us what you are trying to do and we can help. Without that info, there is little chance anyone can offer a usable solution to your problem that is anything more than suggesting you try Rotobrush, Roto by hand, Keying, Extract or any of the many other solutions for creating transparency in a layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased templates are notoriously complex, so this is going to take a novice a lot of time.

Start with the layer containing the background.  Discover which one it is by toggling layers' visibility on and off.  It's probably a nested comp.  Right-click on it and select Open Composition. 

In this newly-opened composition, select the layer containing the background.  Depending on the complexity of the template it will either be the background layer or another nested comp.  Repeat the process until you find the background you want to delete and delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. I figured it out. I was able to adjust the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone. I figured it out. I was able to adjust the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for keeping us updated! Give us a shout if you need anything else.

@Dave_LaRonde, @Rick Gerard, @Mylenium: Thanks for following up on this. 🙂

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines