How to fix this edge keying issue?

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keyed a footage (using Keylight) and what's left is this edge of his hand which is needs to be corrected. Basically, I don't want to shrink the matte too much. Ideally is to have that edge colored with the color of his hand so the edge won't be so visible against the dark background.

How to do it in After Effects with no plugins?

edge.jpg

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Key Cleaner Effect to create a more soft edge. Also, Keylight has an option to color correct the edge so probably you can reduce the brightnes of those areas.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried color correct in Keylight and it doesn't seem to work. The softness is not the problem...the problem is the color of the edge which is different from the core and I want both to be the same.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings have you fiddled with in keylight? I have no idea what you have tried.

Select the problem layer, press the 'u' key twice to reveal all modified properties, and then include the timeline, and post the screenshot. That will let us know what you have tried.

If you can post a frame of the original footage I have time to look at the image this evening. I will fiddle with it and post the workflow I would use. 

Pulled a sample from stock.adobe.com that had some edge highlight problems, applied Keylight and these are the settings the eliminated the light edge on the bottom of the hand:

RickGerard_0-1649376111504.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will send you the stuff soon. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I sent you the files on private message. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you see my response to your PM?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines