• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get a name of current effect in composition

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am a newbile. I learn text effect by reading sample project. I have a question, please advise me. How to know effect name that placed in composition. Thanks

What effect name.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you are asking, given that your screenshot shows a text animator, not an effect. if you're asking whether the name of a preset can be determined after the fact, then the answer is kind of a yes/ no thing. Once applied, AE loses all realtion to the preset, so you actualyl have to know what e.g. the default presets do to recognize them. that of course won't be much use when people modify stuff or create their own presets. So there you go. It's all rather ambiguous.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mylenium for your quick reply. Yes, it was an animator. I would add the same current animator to my new project. So I would know its name. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of the actual effect would help, but I typed in "Wiggly" to effects and presets which brought up several presets - which might be a place to start.

If nothing else, the Undo option is your friend here - add a preset, if it's not right, undo it and add the next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines