• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of the error: [effect name] return invalid max_result_rect from PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER(25::237)

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running After effects 14.2.0.198 on a Mac Pro(Late 2013) running 10.10.5, and have been having this error for the last 6 hours or so:

[effect name] return invalid max_result_rect from PF_Cmd_SMART_PRE_RENDER(25::237)

After searching on the web and this community, I tried restarting AE, updating AE, restarting my Mac, purge all memory and disk cache, reset AE preferences, rearrange the effects order, put HSL effect before the effect in the error message.

I am using third-party effects, they are all built-in AE effects like corner pin, fast blur, levels, HSL, curves.....etc

None of them work.

Any idea to get rid of it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and as I edit anime I was annoyed but I was able to solve the problem.
For me the problem was to put the s flicker effect after the deep glow. 
So to solve it I put it before. I hope it will help you 😆

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I've found that if you put some effects before deep glow it makes this error. I had S_Blurmocurves after Deep Glow and it kept making this error but I soon found out on my own by disabling the effects and figuring out Deep Glow is very sensitive 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the same error for me (OSX 12.3.1/M1 Max 64 GB/AE 22.3.0) 😞
...also on 18.4.1 and on my other machine (OSX 12.3/MBP 15.1/AE 22.2.0)
...caused by the Shift Channels Effect i used for a simple RGB-Split.
Tried a lot of the things mentioned here (BPC, Adaptive Resolution Settings, Grow Bounds, etc.)
Nothing...

Interestingly the Separate RGB Plugin by Rowbyte produces the same error.

please...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've been able to solve it.

In my case it was because I had an effect (Roughen Edges) applied on two different Adjustment Layer.

Disabled one of them. Solved. 

If not, try and error. Just keep trying to disable layers or effects in the problematic comp until you find out whats the effect causing troubles.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I fixed it. Just change your preset by going to Composition Setting and try to change to another one (preset)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by emptying the disk cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got the error when i tried to change the originl resultion or when i put this comp in any other comp. i prerender the comp and use the render in my other comps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least in my case, it was just accidentally stretched layer with some expressions and children, which AFX apparently was unable to render.. e.g. imagine having anchorPoint next to the layer bounds and then drag the handle, then you'll notice that you can get to insane Scale amounts quite easily. Once I reset its scale back to [100,100], the error disappeared.

To see if it is your case too, see if other comps render, then try to find the faulty layer by soloing them one by one, mind shy layers too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future visitors I write here my solution.

In my case what was giving me the problem was the Deep Glow plugin added to Set Matte. It was getting to a point that even removing Set Matte didn't solve the problem.

So, in the end, what I did was (in a crappy way) to precompose the layer (the text in this case was what was giving me the problem) and apply the DeepGlow effect to the precomposition itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem but instead its with text and my expressions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get the same error, i'm using the AE 2020, i get this error using the AE pixel sorter plugin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our case, we find a solution by deactivating a layer with simple effects (levels, bevel, hue), and after that, by changing the order of the effects layers it was still working.

Hope this helps you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem- I had a precomp that was larger in dimensions than the comp it was in. I resized the precomp to match the main comp it fixed it. No third party effects used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines