• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to hide an image on a transparent background?

Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image that I want to have "pop up" out of nowhere on a transparent background. I have searched but I don't think I'm experienced enough with the program to understand what I'm seeing, or if it can be done at all. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Then you want a track matte. Create a solid or use a shape that you want to mask your primary layer with, place it above your image layer, set the transfer mode of the image layer to Matte Alpha.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate the opacity. But better yet, take an After Effects course so you understand the core concepts like this:

After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects

https://www.schoolofmotion.com/after-effects-kickstart

https://www.pluralsight.com/paths/after-effects-cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I am already using opacity for an effect, but it's not the one I want. I want the image to look like it's hiding behind something and then rise into visibility from behind. I want this all to happen on a transparent background if it can be done at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you want a track matte. Create a solid or use a shape that you want to mask your primary layer with, place it above your image layer, set the transfer mode of the image layer to Matte Alpha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I actually started to watch the first video you sent which had what you just described. I will watch the rest of the videos with great interest. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines