Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to link opacity with trim path speed

Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am experimenting expressions. so I have done bar animation  with digits.  Suddenly I feel like why not making the digits start animating from invisible to visible.  I mean when the bar animation will start the digits will come into existance. then I link the opacity of the digits with trim path 'end'. But the opacity is not producing what I imagined. Then I realized opacity is taking trim path's movement exactly on same increment. I mean when trim path end value is 10 the digit's last opacity percentage will mimic that. because both range from 0-100.

then I multiply the opacity expression  *10.  beacuse I knwo I can apply basic math on expression.

Am I  thinking right? or totally miscalculate it?    or there is some other way I can pull what i imagined. Please guide me. I want the opacity of digits to start from 0 - 100 as the trim bar progresses, both (opacity speed and trim path's speed need to be same).

opacity trim.gif

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual, filter it through a linear() expression. E.g. for your last 10% bar this might be:

linear(TrimPathHere,0,10,0,100);

Just adjust the first reference to the correct slider/ trim path function.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this guidance. I was lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'd try something like this for Source Text:

thisComp.layer("42").content("Trim Paths 1").end.key(2).value

and this for Opacity:

val = thisComp.layer("42").content("Trim Paths 1").end;
linear(val,0,val.key(2).value,0,100)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I really appreciate this guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines