• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make windows after effects file compatible with mac users?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am having trouble sharing an after effects file created on a windows computer with a mac user. I have already done the collect files command so that all the links are included with the folder however the mac user on the other end is not able to open the file. I have checked my adobe creative cloud and it says I am using an up to date version of after effects so no updates are needed. This is the message that shows up when the other person tries to open the file. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-31 at 6.11.43 PM.jpeg

Any help on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated! 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

The version of AE used to open this file must be 18 or newer. It has nothing at all to do with Mac vs Windows.

After Effects will not open a project file created in a newer version of After Effects, but it will open a project file created in an older version and convert it to the newer one. You can usually use Save As and roll back two versions. Have the creator of the project do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The version of AE used to open this file must be 18 or newer. It has nothing at all to do with Mac vs Windows.

After Effects will not open a project file created in a newer version of After Effects, but it will open a project file created in an older version and convert it to the newer one. You can usually use Save As and roll back two versions. Have the creator of the project do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines