• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to manipulate the length of an imported Media Replacement Asset for MOGRTs?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a L3rd MOGRT that I want to adopt branded Qualifiers (pre-rendered animated top bars) that the Premiere user already has as .movs and can import themselves through Media Replacement

WallyR_0-1718817754987.png

• The Qualifiers have an outro animation which I want to get rid of. (So I want the qualifier to just animate in, resolve and hold for the entire duration of the MOGRT.)
  • The MOGRT length is longer than the Qualifier animation, so I need to hold and extend its resolve frame.
  • I know time remapping doesn't work, but I tried precomping the Media Replacement asset.mov, and the precomp is duplicated, cropped where the resolve frame is held, then sequenced the layers till the outro animation is cut off from the timeline.
    WallyR_1-1718818338503.png

This was my best effort to solve it but unfortunately, it still wouldn't comply on the Premiere end. I don't understand why it won't work because it does not even adopt the precomped extended middle portions at all, and seemingly (or the only way it can make sense to me) is if somehow the Media Replacement happens on the surface level Master Qualifier Comp in _Cout L3rd MOGRT

Any official explanation to this? Or solutions on how to resolve the issue? 

Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached AE File and associated footage.
Replace Qualifier Asset.mov is what's dragged to the Essential Graphics for Media Replacement link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Wally, but I'm not able to follow the issue. One option I like is to use PProj files which include the pre-Rendered Movies as well as MoGRTs. So, in essence, your solution works as a PProj instead of just a MoGRT. I find these to be more robust and are more straightforward for editors too. You can embed/include an AeMoGRT as part of the PProj file and then include the preRendered files there. 

So, see if this is a viable option and if the editors are comfortable working this way. I find AeMoGRT developers get too technical and try to solve everything in AE, with an AeMoGRT, when actually the better (elegant and user/editor-friendly) solution is a PProj file with an embedded AeMoGRT and this is often the case with tricky time-placement involving pre-rendered movies. 

HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Roland.
Just to make sure, were you able to check out the associated files that I attached in my comment of this post and recreate the issue? I wasn't sure if you weren't able to see the issue or if you meant you couldn't resolve the issue.

Currently troubleshooting why my Premiere won't take in new MOGRTs ("unknown error while loading graphics template adobe"), but as for making it a PProj with Prerenders x AEMoGRT,  in Premiere I'm imagining I can do the precomping + duplicating of the prerendered asset (to manipulate its timing) and the user can go in their assets and replace the placeholder prerender, which I assume would automatically update the asset in the precomp? I also gotta see if the user can drag that PProj into their edit PProj and if the EG interfrace from the embedded mogrt show up in their interface. I'd need the mogrt interface esp since the backplate bar I believe would need to be manually adjusted to fit their prerendered qualifier.

Side-question: In AE Expressions, say there's a 1920x1080 .mov with alpha, and the visible pixels only occupy like 500x100px, is there an expression that can identify the visible pixel dimensions and determine that it's 500x100?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wally, I didn't take a look at the AEP you attached in your earlier post. I only replied to the post cos I saw your DM which isn't a good thing cos I don't usually open my DMs here - so, you got a little lucky. 🙂

On your Error Message, I suggest you start a new Thread/Post specifically for this issue.

In PPro, an editor will be able to drag and drop clips from YOUR Timeline into theirs. The benefit with this workflows is that the sequence of clips is clearly defined in your Timeline and the editor only needs to ensure they follow this sequence and only replace/update clips they are required to update. The PPro solution is best solved with discussion and perhaps a bit of trial and error to get to the best option for the editor. Your solution, after all, should be the best pipeline for the editor and they are the best ones to decide.

To make your AeMoGRT available in the PProj, you run through PPro's Project Manager to save the PProj file and the assets associated with the Timeline/Sequence. This will ensure the aemogrt file goes along for the ride. 

On sizing your preComp, you should decide if this nested comp has to be HD1080 or perhaps it's best to size the comp at 500x100.  A lot depends on the aspect ratio and size of assets that will replace the existing content. There is an AeScript that crops based on alpha edges - https://aescripts.com/auto-crop/

Depending on the size of the assets, the comp and the layout in the 'Final Comp' you can create Expressions in the preComp to auto-resize and auto-position - sort of like how the MoGRT Media Replacement feature works except that you can also solve for position such that the desired placement of the Anchor Point after its been nested is solved in the preComp. So, size is one thing but the placement of the asset in the preComp is also critical when you're looking at automated workflows/solutions.

HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines