• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to render at frame number in media encoder?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

How can I start render at frame 1001 in media encoder?

In After Effects there is an option that says "Use Comp frame number" or "Starting #:". There is a similar option in Media Encoder?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the After Effects forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - I don't belive there is, and it's a pain.
Two issues as far as I'm aware:
1. You can only reference timecode, not frame count, in AME.
2. If you render a partial sequence from AME the frame numbers will start at _000.

I think your best option would be:
1. Set the work area in AE to the section you want to render - you can then reference the frame number count in AE. The work area will be the default render area in AME. Add to Media Encoder Queue. 
2. Render your image sequence patch into a different folder from your main sequence.
3. Use a batch file renaming tool to rename your files to start from [your starting frame number] rather than 0000.

4. Copy or Move your patched files into your main sequence folder to overwrite the old ones.

5. Add your vote to this request on the Adobe User voice for Media Encoder ; )

Adobe User Voice - Media Encoder 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the work area in the AE Timeline, then send the comp to the AME and choose Work Area as the render option in the Media Encoder. 

The other option is to open up Preview in the AME and set a custom render option. The timecode matches the start time of the comp.

Screenshot_2020-02-05 09.05.41_4Bmya1.png

If you don't want to do the calculations to change frame numbers to timecode, open up the Comp in After Effects, move to the frame you want to start or end the render in the AME and then hold down the Ctrl/Cmnd key and click the frames display to change it to time, then double click to select the current comp time and copy and paste to the AME.

Personally, when I want a custom range sent to the AME I'll just set the work area and be done with it. There's not much to it and you can find instructions in the AME user guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!! I tried BG Render MAx plugin in AE and I'll use it from now, It's easier and faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines