Exit

How To Set Camera Film Size in Script

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a camera in script using

var myCam = app.project.item(3).layers.addCamera("test", [900, 400]);

Reading the documentation I see no way of setting its film size. You can set the Zoom or Focus distance but how do you set the film size?

Thank you

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably in the .cameraOptions() and just a list of parameters.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought so too but I could not make it work. Then again maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Would you mind sharing some code snippet if you were able to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know I have seen it done somewhere, but neither my organic brain database nor my collection of scripts is of any help. This is one of those useless foggy memories where I know it is doable, but the rest is just unclear because I simply tend to forget this info without bookmarking or storing it somewhere. Sorry for confusing you even further, but perhaps you can give it another try. When on the "New Camera"/ "Camera Settings" panel you subtract the options that have proper property streams there can't be that many combinations left. The way I see it in such a list the first entry would be the camera type (single node/ two node) and the other might already be the filmback setting.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines