• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set effect to individual content of a shape layer.

Explorer ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a VISIT PARIS text to a shape layer. Replaced the A with an Eiffel tower Vector layer(already created shape from vector).

As the text itself is in italics, I want to skew the Eiffel tower so there's a match. I have added the Transform effect from Effect and Presets, but I realise it can't be added as an individual effect to the Effiel tower...what I mean is that the effect automatically applies to other content of the shape layer. So, if I distort the Eiffel tower, the texts distort as well.

How do I only apply the Skew/Transform effect to just one content in a shape layer

Screenshot (475).png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest solution is to simply put the tower on its own layer.  You can link the two layers with parenting once you have the two elements set up the way you want them.

The issue with using pixel-based effects like Transform is that you'll forego the benefits of having built your elements with vector art.  

Personally I'd simply copy the whole thing into Illustrator, edit as required, then transfer back to AE in its sweet vector originalness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Andrew. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every object in a shape layer also has a separate object transform tool. There is a Skew setting in there that would quickly let you italicize your Eiffel Tower shape. Find it under Content/Shape/Transform Shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines