• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use tracking files from Maya?

Participant ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in After Effects, and I received tracking data that was created in Maya by an outside company. They tracked the ground plane for me and sent me a lot of different filetypes, and I'm wondering how I can use these files inside After Effects to attach sometime to the ground plane. I am only familiar with the basic tracking tools inside After Effects (and Mocha) so I'm not sure how to use the virtual camera files with my two 2D layers.

Here are the files I received:

• Node (.jsx)
  • Camera (.jsx)
  • .3de
  • .ma
  • cam.abc
  • Geo.abc
  • Geo.fbx
  • Geo.obj
  • Two jpeg sequences of the footage with the lens distortion removed, and one of them has a wireframe of the tracked ground and wall planes.

I am not familiar with any of these file types, so any advice is appreciated! I don't need to do anything fancy with these, just attach something to the ground track for about five seconds.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would extract the 3D data from the *.ma file with the respective extraction script, but apparently it has been broken for several versions now due to changes in both programs. If you have mocha Pro you should be able to open your stuff there, though.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines