Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to write expression in such case - 9

Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want the hand to move/wiggle only between 0/360 to 180. I dnt want it to cross 180. How will I write expression in such case using wiggle.

(I had to reduce the screento gif export color option only to 12, otherwise file size is too big to upload, Adobe dsnt allow me to upload gif , thts why the gif is acting weird. am sorry :I ) 

Thank you. 

dial3.gifonly this semi circleonly this semi circle

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'd set it up with a slider (set to 100 initially) to adjust the overall range, and then use an expression like this:

w = wiggle(0.5,180)-value;
offset = -90;
mult = effect("Slider Control")("Slider")/100;
offset + w*mult

Then adjust the offset variable and the mult slider to get exactly what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, could not figure out the math yet. Thank you so much for showing how to write it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines