• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 from After Effects

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built out a bunch of gifs for a client originally for social ads. They then asked for a couple other sizes so we worked those up too and then gave them the After Effects file so they could update images/copy etc as needed.

However now they need them now as HTML5 ads which isnt possible to export with After Effects. I downloaded "Body Moving" but unforutantly the compositions in their current states (with images, motion blur, effects) export too large to work with Google Ads.

I've dont a fair bit of searching/researching, and experimented with converting my gifs, reimporting into AE and exporting through Body Moving, Tried a similar method with Animate, tried rebuilding the project in Animate (this will almost double the timeframe we have to deliver these ads as I don't know animate and will be starting from scratch). Tried running gifs through PS to compress, then AE again through Body movin. Nothing I've tried is working.

Really hoping I've missed something when I've been researching solutions. If anyone has any insite on any of the following I would be very grateful:
- Compressing my current AE comps so they can export under Google Ads requirements

- Ways of taking my current gif exports and running them through some sort of HTML5 exporter to output HTML5
- Any other solution that wouldnt require rebuilding 20+ gifs in another program

Thank you all so much ❤️

After Effects 2022 v22.6.0 (build 64)
Animate 2023 v23

iMac Pro (2017) / 4GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W / 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 / Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects with 3rd party plugins like Body Movin is, at best, a severely hobbled web graphic tool. AE is designed to produce video, and only a limited amount of vector data can be converted to web-based code.

Your best option would be to redo everything in Animate or another specific web graphics design program. It sounds like more work, but in the end, you'll be better off and end up with a better product. Using AE for web graphics is like trying to cut down an oak tree with a pocket knife. There are better tools available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

- Ways of taking my current gif exports and running them through some sort of HTML5 exporter to output HTML5

It's just pixels. There's nothing to extract or reconstruct. Perhaps in another ten years when those A.I. algorithms that can analyze simple motion patterns today have evolved to deal with more complex scenarios. Outside that you possibly can't really avoid rebuilding stuff, though there may be room to save some work with copy & paste or reusing some bits. That would require derailed info, though.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines