I cannot import an h.264 video into AfterFX

Participant ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.

AFX 17.0.5

I see this is common problem.

I exported an imove out of Procreate in my ipad.  It exports as a .mov h.264.  However, it will not import into AfterFX.  

Error: Could not read from source.  Then a second error... cannot import this file format is damaged or corrupted.

Opens fine and plays fine with QT7.7 on my PC.  Opens fine with Movie and TV windows app.  Opens and converts fine with Media Encoder.

Put .mov through Media Encoder,  converted it into an .mp4 h.264 and it I get the same errors, when trying to import.  Is AFX missing a h.264 codec or something?  I tried downloading it from the web and installing it but AFX still will not import a h.264.

Will probably switch formats unless anyone has a good solution. A  bit rusty with all these formats.

Thanks.

-Franky

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start by actually reinstalling AE with sufficient user privileges. Busted CoDecs 99% of the time boil down to that. CoDecs are treated like system drivers. Of course the usual other steps apply as well - check your hardware acceleration stuff, update the graphics driver etc..

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines