• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cant switch back to my GPU

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently turned off my GPU to export a project because i was having export issues, but after using trapcode in my new project, i can't seem to turn my GPU back on, any fixes will be helpful.gpu.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We honestly can't know. You have not offered any system information or other details, most critically of course being your GPU info and whether or not it actualyl worked/ works on some level. That said, of course using heavily GPU-accelerated plug-ins like MIR could simply exhaust all hardware resources and prevent AE's own GPU usage from ever doing anything meaningful or even not being available, so the first thing to check is whether this works in a project not using this stuff. That and of course the usual steps liek updating graphics drivers and possibly trashing the prefs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zeeshan,

Sorry for your issue.

As Mylenium mentioned, your system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS) would help us to troubleshoot the issue properly. Also, what's the version of After Effects you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-... 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also check the updater of Trapcode.

https://www.redgiant.com/support/installers/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try any solution, like restart AE or restart your PC? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on AE Beat switch off multi core rendering as the older versions of Particular dont use this.

The newer versions do.

So as a fist step install the latest version of Particular.

If this fails you can try this:

Uninstall Particular with Maxon's Uninstaller 

Restart AE and start a new comp with a few basic keyframes

Switch back to GPU rendering

Reinstall the latest version of Particular

I have seen this before where the Particular "flag" default was reading incorreclty 

This fixed it on a Mac (should work on a PC)

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mo,

i uninstalled the Red Giant Trapcode Suite and restarted AE, added simple keyframes just as you said in a new comp, but when i head over to my project settings im still unable to switch back to "Mercury GPU Acceleration". I am running After Effects 21, on Windows 10, 8GB RAM, with a AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor and a Radeon Vega 8 Graphics card for anyone asking. and yes i have tried all possible and easy fixed like restarting after effects or my device as well. This issue is not only happening in one project but on all of my projects. Any more suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Zeeshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zeeshan5FA7,

Would you mind sharing the make and model of the GPU and version of its driver that's installed?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chip type - AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x15D8)

DAC type - Internal DAC (400MHz)

Adapter String - AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics

Drivers

AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile  GFX

The reason i'm so concered about this issue is, as @ToolfarmJP said that i need CUDA to turn on GPU acceleration, but i was able to use my AMD GPU earlier until i switched it off, my preview using that GPU was buttery smooth but when im using my CPU the preview is really laggy and it's really hard to edit on After Effects, today i also tried re-installing my After Effects but the issue is still there, i apologize for all inconvinience caused to anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem, my problem is that i switched to CPU - (Mercury Software Only) because i was facing some render problems, later that day i installed the Trapcode Particular plugin and now i cant seem to switch back to "Mercury GPU Acceleration" .

Some things i tried are - Restarting my After Effects and my laptop, un-installing the Trapcode particular plugin, and trying to switch to mercury GPU acceleration in other projects, to identify if the issue is only in that one project or in all projects, and i cant switch to my GPU in any project.

My system specifications are - AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor, Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, 8 GB RAM and running on Windows 10.

I am using After Effects 21, i will attach a screen shot of what i mean by "i cannot switch back to mercury GPU acceleration" Any kind of help or suggestion would be appreciated, thank you.gpu.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging the duplicate post with the original one.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a Nvidia (CUDA) graphic card to turn on the GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines