• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image-based Lighting in After Effects - Video Tutorial by Eran Stern

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Eran Stern's tutorial on image-based lighting.

More info: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/image-based-lighting.html

Hope you enjoy the tutorial!

Thanks,
Kevin

TOPICS
FAQ , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great video. I think this clearly reflects the current state of AE with still a lot of native effects not supporting 32bit. It's cool that we have a new 3D engine but to make 3D really shine we need to be able to work in floating point, not 8bit.

Plugins from the video:

Color Link - 8bit int only

Calculations - 8/16bit int only

Especially Calculations as 32bit would be incredibly helpful for high end compositing tasks.

But the craziest of all is that the new 3D engine itself doesn't support 32bit! Why?....

It's a shame now we finally have OCIO for proper color pipelines and high end linear compositing workflows but this new renderer misses out on it.

Shebbe_0-1703173198024.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! Awesome! TY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So pleased this has come to After Effects.  Years ago Andrew Kramer made a tutorial showing how to creating image-based lighting for Element3D, but this looks much simpler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my testing, it is much better than e3d in almost every way.  The quality is astounding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting, when you say "in every way" can you be more specific?   I've played around a little with the 3D option, and there is an impressive lack of lag or struggling I've noted.  I do like that the models share the same 3D space as 2.5D layer.  But it is the build features of Element I use the most (3D extrusion of mask paths and putting primitives together).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines