• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Sequence Won't Play Smoothly Even After Rendered

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. An image sequence of .jpegs or .pngs will show in the comp viewer, render a preview, and export fine, but when playing back in AE, it plays at ~1fps. Even with nothing else in the timeline and no effects. When it's been rendered (green bar in the timeline,) I can scrub around smoothly like it's rendered, but playing back is terribly slow. I've re-started AE, updated to the latest version, and cleared the media cache. What else can I try? Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could go into the Preferences>Display and toggle the switch to Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels off (or on).

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us a bit about the composition format and the technical details of your system to try to get a general idea of what might be happening. You could also try to reset Ae's preferences, here is a link so you can see how you can do it.

Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching After Effects. You can release the Alt or Option key when the splash screen appears.

To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Control-Shift-Alt (Windows) or Command-Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the keys when the splash screen appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I've tried these things now:

Toggling Hardware Accelarate Comp, Layer, and Footage Panels in Display Preferences

Resetting AE's preferences at the splash screen

When I installed AE 2022.0.0 yesterday, the first thing I did was see if these image sequences would play normally, and they did not.

I have an Apple M1 Mac Mini.

It's happenning in multiple compositions with different image sequences, but they're normal frame rates (24fps,) approximately HD frame sizes, using .png or .jpeg images. Some image sequences do play normally, but they're the same size, file type, and framerate. Dragging the newly imported image sequence to a new comp (taking all the settings from the image sequence) still plays back very slowly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same. TIFF/JPEG/PNG 1080p sequence, each frame takes up to 500ms to render according to the new Frame Render Time metrics. On a i9 10850k 64 GB RAM, 4 GBps NVMe. Absolutely unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines