Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Blender JSX into After effects

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone, Totally new to blender and its workflow with AE

I've created my object/animation in frame and exported into a JSX file. When I import into AE i have control over the camera and my object/animation, and I can see the scale guides on screeen. Yet its pitch black. What am I missing?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you following a tutorial or are you just poking around in the dark?  This is a pretty good tutorial. 

I also suggest that you spend some time with the User Guide.

After Effects is an incredibly complex applicaiton. It's a little bit like flying an airplane. You can get a private license to fly a simple airplane with only 40 hours of instruction, but if you want to fly somehting more complex, you'll need a lot more training to keep out of serious trouble.

RickGerard_0-1632541107307.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! this is really late so you might have figured it out already but i had the same problem. heres what i did to fix it. so by default it outputs the objects as null objects in after effects. so if you want the transperent background and not just just black you just need to flick this on: 

clarkg64588952_1-1640050922358.png

Really hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yezzy23581899izrg_0-1647278652923.png

hey so i have this problem that i ran this jsx file and its a tribal that i made in blander based on curves in AI, and nothing shows just a white square, There is no like additional animation in blender i only need an actual object, can someone assist me and tell me what should i do to see the actual model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines