• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Infinite Freeze Upon Startup of AE (Windows and Google Drive)

Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got Google Drive running upon system boot. When attempting to start AE, it goes straight into a perma-freeze.

• After quitting the GD app, AE can be started without a hickup.
  • After AE started, GD can be started and used again without issues whatsoever.

This is repeatable and a bit unfortunate since I'm using Google Drive all the time for my work. 🙄 It's been happening since about half a year now, persisting over several app iterations by both companies.

Specs: Win 10 Pro, 22H2, build 19045.3393 – Google Drive 80.0.1.0 – RTX 3090 at driver 536.23

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds more like your firewall needs it's hand slapped and some reconfiguring. You know, both processes hucking for the same ports and getting stinky with each other...

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hint. Is there a way to check this? Port collisions? I never had a problem with this in 20 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Closing all file explorer windows allows for AE to open normally. After that, everything works as intended. Still pretty annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update After Effects and Google Drive? Are you still having the issue?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for asking. GD is on auto-update, while I'm kind of shy with updating production software, so AE is on 24.2.1 (Build 2). Still happening. Closing all file explorer windows will resolve the issue and allows me to start the app without any hickups 🤷‍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines