• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a script/function that lets you select all sub comps/layers in the project window?

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to duplicate a composition from a template.  I read that a fast way is to save the project as a new file and import that file back into your project, which would basically create a seperate comp/sub comps etc. 

But this template is beefy and would slow down the scene if i don't remove all the unnessary extra files from the project before I saved/imported it.  Basically I just want to isolate this one comp/sub comps and layers in the project panel, then move them all into their own little folder and delete everything else.  It got me thinking there might be some function or script that does this, and i figured i would ask.    

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Import and export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File --> Dependencies --> Collect. Awesomeness ensues... (if it works correctly, that is)

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the comp you want to keep, then go File > Dependencies > Reduce project, it will delete all the files that aren't used in that comp. Or you can do a collect and tell it to only collect one comp but I find this doesn't always work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines