• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to make a unique composition with all contents inside of it also unique?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, need help with AE (any version).

I have a composition with text and shapes animation inside of it. Inside of this composition there's also another composition formerly having been a set of elements later precomposed. If I duplicate the main composition described above I will only get a composition with unique contents that were not precomposed, and the composition inside of it will remain unchanged and connected with the same composition in the original composition. The thing is I need to make 10 duplicates of the first composition and change the contents both inside of it and inside the composition inside of it. If I do so now, the contents in the composition inside the main composition will change in every duplicate I created. 

Surely I can create a duplicate of this level-two composition and change it in every duplicate, but I have 10 of them each with animation and effects. And what if I had 3 or 4 levels like a composition (4) inside of a composition (3) inside of a composition (2) inside of the main composition and 20 duplicates of them where I had to change only a thing like replace a photo? So is there a way of creating a totally unique duplicate of a composition with every kind of contents inside of it also unique?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if I have this right - You want to create sort of a hierarchy of the same assets.

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is a commonly requested feature. Fortunately True Comp Duplicator can help you with that. https://aescripts.com/true-comp-duplicator/

There's also Automation Blocks which has a free beta version of this feature https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/why-adobe-dont-put-a-true-comp-duplicator-a... (one of the replies) 

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jake, this is exactly what I need. The question is why Adobe hasn't included such a functionality in AE yet... This is such a needed and obvious thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was the same topic of the post I linked, I guess a lot people agree with you. It does seem obvious for Adobe to add. While it would be nice to have, it would also put the work of True Comp Duplicator's developers to waste and they wouldn't generate any more revenue.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah:   You should probably look into to True Comp Duplicator

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines