• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issues with new "blinking cursor typewriter console" effect

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with the new "blinking cursor typewriter console" effect in the 2023 release.

Does anyone know how to keep the cursor blinking?  At the end of a sentence, while waiting to start the next paragraph, etc?

I copied steps from a video, which has you add extra keyframes into the timeline, which is supposed to tell the text to pause until it gets to the next keyframe, and all the while, the cursor should keep blinking, as if waiting.  It worked in his video, but when I duplicate the actions, my cursor doesn't blink.

For now, it only blinks at the very beginning of the text animation.

Anyone have solutions or walk-throughs they could post?

Thanks

TOPICS
Expressions , FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Found the problem.  

I was creating a series of new Comps and not saving them as I worked, which was deliberate.  

But each time I selected "don't save," then "new comp," AE would, by default, name the new comp, "Comp 1," which was the same as the previous work, since I didn't bother naming them.  I think the program just got caught in a stuck setting becuase of that.  

So, my lesson here, make sure to give each project a new name, even if you're not planning to save.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Move the second keyframe for the Animation Slider created when the Preset is applied to a text layer
  2. Move to the spot in the timeline where you want the typing to stop and use the diamond icon in the timeline panel to add a new keyframe
  3. Copy the new keyframe
  4. Move down the timeline to the time you want to start typing again and paste

Works just fine for me. 

If that is not the case for you, we need complete workflow details or an uploaded comp showing the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the problem.  

I was creating a series of new Comps and not saving them as I worked, which was deliberate.  

But each time I selected "don't save," then "new comp," AE would, by default, name the new comp, "Comp 1," which was the same as the previous work, since I didn't bother naming them.  I think the program just got caught in a stuck setting becuase of that.  

So, my lesson here, make sure to give each project a new name, even if you're not planning to save.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines