• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issues with the previewing of my comp

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey this is an issue that has been happening to me ever since i discovered that you could edit ur workspace. somehow i managed to change the way i want to view my preview and i don't like it at all. for some reason, when i press space bar, instead of previewing the comp with the timeline, it enlarges the preview window so all i can see is the comp, AND it changes the zoom setting on my timeline so i can see all my clips.

anything would be helpful thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the keyboard binding?

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open up the keyboard shortcuts panel (Edit > Keyboard shortcuts), and then click on the Space Bar button in the display.

Below the diagram of the keyboard, on the right hand side, you can see the settings that the space bar will affect. To remove some in order to prevent it doing the action, click on the small 'x' next to the command.

I suspect that when you take a look, you will see that the command for pressing the space bar without a modifier will be set to 'Preview'. Click the 'x' to stop it undertaking the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, it sounds like you may have mapped it differently. Here's a bit of info on remapping shortcuts. Preset and customizable keyboard shortcuts in After Effects

Alternatively you can:
Setting preferences in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines