• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just downloaded after effects

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open after effects it says "unsupported video drivers" after I updated my drivers it still says they are unsupported

PC INFO: 
GPU : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't seem to provide a specific GPU compatibility list for After Effects.  They say that the list for Premiere Pro is a good starting point, and ufortunately your Intel HD 4600 doesn't appear on the list.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#graphics-cards

Someone with better GPU knowledge than me may chime in, but the best I can suggest is to try installing an older version of AE, to see if it's a little more compliant with older GPUs.  Currently you can still install AE 22.0 from the CC Manager, I'd give that a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you are running a laptop with a built-in GPU. I don't believe any of those integrated GPUs on Windows machines are supported. If turning off GPU acceleration in the Project Settings does not fix the problem, you may be out of luck. Many effects, like Video Copilot's Element 3D, require an Open GL GPU to work. That makes them incompatible with a lot of laptops. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines