• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyframe Drag Lag

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fairly often now if I drag and select multiple keyframes either on one layer or between a few there is massive lag. It pinwheels and waits for a couple of seconds then updates. I also get the same problem with dragging down to select more keyframes from layers that are out of the windows limits that require a scroll. 

Really painful and adding massively to wait time. Running latest Version on Mojave fully up to date.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Hi all,

This issue has been resolved in the latest After Effects release (version 23.2.1). Please update to the latest patch and let us know if it works for you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-23-2-1-is-now-available-for-download/td-p/13606462

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand that this can be very frustrating! Sorry about that.

Does it happen only when you try to select keyframes or does it happen while trying to do something else too?

I'd suggest that you try resetting your workspace. If that doesn't work, try this:

• Go to Preferences > Display and turn off "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels"

Let us know if that brings any change.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've been getting the same problem ever since I upgraded t0 AE 2019 last year. I even stayed on 2018 because of this but had to move over for a project. I tried your two solves but I still get the lag when selecting keyframes. Its not just frustrating, its directly affecting workflow. Please do you have any other solutions? Is this a GPU problem perhaps? I'm on a late 2012 iMac that would usually run great. The only times I get problems is when GPU related upgrades come through in your builds. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I've been dealing with it for the past year or so. turning off "Hardware Accelerate Comp, Layer and Footage Panels" does not fix the issue. No change. Please fix this, it is infuriating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change, makes no difference, I went back to old build and the problem didn't seem to occur. Please fix this it is painful waiting half a second everytime I select or scroll past multiple keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't help, I look more like an After Effect UI bub than anything else. I have a very powerful PC (128 GB RAM, RTX 3080, AMD 5950X) and the After Effect UI is still very laggy when moving keyframes on the timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experinecing the exact same issue since using the 2020 AE. It slows your workflow near a stand still.

This needs to be addressed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please I need a fix for this! This slowing me down so much. Using AFX 23.2 Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @fabian.madco,

The After Effects team has worked on a fix for this issue which is now available in the latest After Effects Beta v23.3 (x36). Some users have reported that it's working as expected on their end in the Beta build. If you could download the Beta on your machine from the CC desktop app and confirm that it's working for you too, that would be great.

AE beta.png

Please note that After Effects Beta will be a separate installation and will not overwrite your existing stable After Effects version.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still pretty laggy for me with the beta on Windows 11, not much different to the current live build.

I am so happy to see you are looking into this though and hope you are able to find a fix! Rooting for Adobe AE team 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues; I didn't do anything... I can't believe we are paying so much per month, and this has been going on for years in my case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This issue has been resolved in the latest After Effects release (version 23.2.1). Please update to the latest patch and let us know if it works for you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-23-2-1-is-now-available-for-d...

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it's not resolved at all with version 23.2.1. Please, the program it's becoming unusable with every new update, stop releasing beta versions and using us as beta testers, we are not being paid to do that and we are clients that paid for a product, it's terribly unethical what this company and their programmers are doing. Please release a stable base version, and then, if you want, add all the shiny silly new features in beta versions. WE CANNOT WORK IF WE CANNOT MOVE KEYFRAMES!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this worked for me.
(Windows 11, Wacom PTH650)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines