Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Little Blue Box

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Been searching hi and low trying to figure out what this little blue box represents, and why it sometimes moves with the anchor point and sometimes it doesn't. Here's the box in question:

AnchorPointProblem.jpg

I assume it represents the center of the layer? But all of these lines were imported at the same time, and some imported both points together. Like this:

AnchorPointProblem_02.jpg

I also can't select those layers where the blue box is in the center of the comp, without highlighting the layer first because the box is hidden. I also can't figure out how to move the box to the center of the shape or line.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tyson

*I'm using up to date AE on an iMac late 2012 Model. Can provide more screenshots or video if needed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots that do not show the modified properties of the layers giving you problems are pretty useless. We have no idea what is going on in your composition, what layers are selected or what you have done to any of the layers. I suspect that you may have single point in a vector file, a layer that is offset so only one of the corners is showing, have an effect applied with a control point visible or any of a dozen other things going on.

If you can't figure it out by selecting all layers, pressing the U key twice to reveal all modified properties, and then turning things off and or resetting properties post a screenshot that at least shows the selected layer in the timeline and in the Project Panel so we can see it's properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like a display bug, possibly to do with Open GL. Try switching GFX acceleration off and empty your disk cache to see if it goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a illustrator issue, may your not clean very well before you imported to AE, so may there are some extra unused path or so, try to recheck the illustrator file and keep only the necessary elements (make outline view to see all the existing elements Cmd+Y) and keep each elements in a separate layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a 1-pixel sized layer or Shape Layer Contents>Path thingy. Take a look at the layers in your timeline - check for "additional" layers.

Very Advanced After Effects Training | Adaptive & Responsive Motion Graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for the replies! I didn't get a notification on this post, so please excuse the late reply. I will troubleshoot using the suggestions everyone gave me. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines